To create a product that resonates with customers, a company must successfully orchestrate technology, design, and business into a fine-tuned composition.
about:blank is a design studio with a track record in expediting digital innovations from conception to adoption. Its mission is straightforward: to be a trustworthy partner and nurture great user experience every step of the way.
Working with start-up founders to:
Analyse markets and competitors
- To conquer the world, you must map it first. I track down players, gather intel, and analyse competitive products to produce reports that paint a bigger picture of your ecosystem than numbers alone.
Ideate and validate product ideas
- They say measure twice and cut once. So, I poke holes in our assumptions to isolate points of failure. Then devise prototypes, proof of concepts and other heuristics to potentially prevent an expensive mistake.
Raise funding and strike deals
- Behind every great hustler, there is a great storyteller. Like a biographer, I get up close and personal to tell a compelling narrative of your vision. Until we write, direct, and produce a pitch deck that can “sell water to a well”.
Build a minimum viable product
- Congrats, you got the dough. Now it’s time to cook up a storm. I rally stakeholders around UX by structuring information and designing UIs. We simplify the frontend by reworking the backend and deliver a fully functional app in nimble releases.
Go to market and gain traction
- Working in advertising has taught me that “marketing is not a department”. We can all contribute to reaching the hearts and minds of customers. I do it with plain words and striking images that succeed in getting them to care.
Define success and measure progress
- You can’t fight what you can’t see. I subject the UX hypothesis to reality by choosing the right KPIs and designing experiments to measure them. Then translate data into user behaviour and extract insights that lead to actionable conclusions.
Calibrate for product-market fit
- Software is never done. I pump insights from all sources of feedback to direct ongoing efforts towards the higher acquisition, lower churn and wider moat. Until it’s time to recruit a successor with expertise in scaling the operation.
Assisting scale-up teams with:
Product strategies and roadmaps
Pivots, re-designs, and codebase rewrites
Adoption of agile methods
Improving acquisition and retention through user experience
Modular architectures and design systems
Guerrilla user research and usability testing
Product analytics, diagnostics, and data-driven design
Creative tools and design stack upgrades
Remote collaboration and management
Design sprints, hackathons, and workshops
Thank you for stopping by and scrolling along.
Book a free call to talk about:blank …
Natan Nikolic — Product designer/manager — London, UK
Before venturing out, I shaped creative tools and talent as VP of Product at Celtra. Our work improved UX of ads and powered campaigns by Google, Facebook, Uber, Netflix, Vice, and other digital household names. I also worked with the founders of TransferWise, Flaviar, 3fs, and a few less fortunate start-ups.